Psychiatry Grand Rounds: ECT and TMS: The Current State
Richard C. Holbert, MD
Medical Director, UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital
Director, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Co-Director, Brain Stimulation Service, Department of Psychiatry
Primary Care Physicians
$0 for UF Participants
$35.00 non-UF Participants
This CME activity consists of an educational component (slides, audio lecture) in an electronic format, followed by an online post-test. Estimated time to complete this activity, including review of materials, is one hour.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- This CME activity consists of an educational component (audio lecture in an electronic format, which is followed by an online post-test).
- Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
- In order to receive credit, participants must view the presentation in its entirety.
- The University of Florida College of Medicine will report CME credit to CE Broker when applicable.
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe ECT best practices.
- Explain FEAST and MST.
- Discuss the side effects and safety of TMS.
- Classify TMS versus ECT.
Dr. Holbert has disclosed that he does not have any relevant financial relationships. Dr. Bussing (planning committee) has disclosed that in the past 12 months she has received grant/research support from Pfizer. No one else in a position to control the content of this activity has any financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: January 14, 2016
Expiration Date: January 13, 2017