All CME conference funds are processed through fund 143. The 143 fund has the ability to pay for food because it collects participant fees. Therefore, the purchase of food with conference funds is for the benefit of the participants. Please see below for guidance on acceptable food purchases.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and breaks (i.e. coffee, snacks, etc.) during official conference times.
- A reception that all participants are invited to and is held during official conference times.
- Planning meeting for conference staff/speakers:
- Must be held before the conference starts.
- Only one planning meeting per conference.
- May only include staff and speakers (i.e. no spouses or children).
- Should be reasonable in cost and only if the budget allows (check with CME office to make sure funds are available).
- Participant list is required for payment.
Any other food expenditures not specified above must be approved by the CME office prior to the conference. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
If you wish to use non-CME funds to purchase food (e.g. departmental funds, personal funds, etc.) the rules above may not apply. Please follow all applicable UF guidelines.