Dr. Kevin Putinta, MD
Department of Psychiatry
University of Florida
“Dr Putinta has disclosed that he has no relevant financial relationship(s). No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.”
Conflict of interest information for the CME Advisory Committee members can be found on the following website: https://cme.ufl.edu/disclosure/. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
Release Date: July 21, 2022
Expiration Date: July 20, 2025
Target Audience: All physicians
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic tenets of treatment with ECT and TMS.
- Identify the rationale behind different ECT treatment locations and how to determine the correct placement for your patient.
- Distinguish the current FDA indications for ECT and TMS, as well as off-label uses.
- Describe one proposed algorithm to help patients with severe depression choose between ECT and TMS.
Requirements for successful completion: Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of _1_ AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Resource(s) for further study:
- Bermudes, RA, Lanocha KI, & Janicak PG. (2018). Transcranial magnetic stimulation clinical applications for psychiatric practice. American Psychiatric Association Publishing.
- American Psychiatric Association. (2011). The practice of electroconvulsive therapy: Recommendations for treatment, training, and privileging: A task force report of the American Psychiatric Association.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Nancy Boyd at (352) 594-4298 or at firstname.lastname@example.org