Catherine Hontz-Geisinger, RRT, HSD, CGT, BHCM Hyperbaric Safety Director at UF Health Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center
Michelle Whitten, BSN, RN-BC
Julie Smith, MSN, RN, PCCN
Primary Care Physicians
This CME activity consists of an educational component (slides, audio lecture) in an electronic format, followed by an online post-test. Estimated time to complete this activity, including review of materials, is one hour.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- This CME activity consists of an educational component (audio lecture in an electronic format, which is followed by an online post-test).
- Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
- In order to receive credit, participants must view the presentation in its entirety.
- The University of Florida College of Medicine will report CME credit to CE Broker when applicable.
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Develop a basic understanding of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Emergencies’ including Physics, anatomy, and pathophysiology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of testing options to aid diagnosis.
- Gain awareness of general principles used in safe use of Hyperbaric Monoplace Chambers.
CME Planning Committee Disclosure
Conflict of interest information for the CME Advisory Committee members can be found on the following website: https://cme.ufl.edu/disclosure/.
No one in a position to control the content of this activity has any financial relationships to disclose
Continuing Medical Education Credit
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: June 26, 2019
Expiration Date: June 26, 2021