Laurie Solomon, MD
Division of Addiction Medicine
Department of Psychiatry
University of Florida
“Dr Solomon has disclosed that she has no relevant financial relationship(s). No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.”
Conflict of interest information for the CME Advisory Committee members can be found on the following website: https://cme.ufl.edu/disclosure/. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
Release Date: July 21, 2022
Expiration Date: July 20, 2025
Target Audience: All physicians
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define Substance Use Disorder
- Evaluate genetic predisposition
- Recognize the disruption of brain development
- Differentiate various types of mood-altering substances
- Review a statistical overview, trends to deaths
Requirements for successful completion: Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of __1_ AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Resource(s) for further study:
- NCHS DATABRIEF, (1) Hedegaard, Warner M. Drug overdose deaths in the U.S., 1990-2018; (2) #356 Hyattsville, MD, NCHS 2020
- Psychiatric Interviewing: The Art of Understanding. 3rd Edition. Shawn Christopher Shea, MD.
- Addiction: A Family Affair. Guide to Understanding, Prevention, and Dealing with Addiction. Scott A. Teitelbaum, MD.
- Hey, Kiddo. Jarrett J. Krosoczka.
- Hooked: A Novel about Prescription Drug Addiction
- www.hhs.gov/parity Oct27-2016, whitehouse.gov
- Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development Study
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Nancy Boyd at (352) 594-4298 or at firstname.lastname@example.org