Jesse Revenis, MD
Svetlana Chembrovich, MD
University of Florida College of Medicine
Drs. Revenis and Chembrovich have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships. No one else in a position to control content has any relationships to disclose.
Conflict of interest information for the CME Advisory Committee members can be found on the following website: https://cme.ufl.edu/disclosure/. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
Release Date: January 28, 2022
Expiration Date: December 31, 2024
Target Audience: Specialty Physicians (Anesthesiologists), Anesthesiology Assistants
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe pathophysiology and recognize clinical features of sickle cell disease.
- Review unique considerations in preoperative assessment of sickle cell patient.
- Apply evidence-based transfusion guidelines to perioperative care of sickle cell patients.
- Identify complications associated with chronic blood transfusions.
- Practice shared decision making with surgical teams and hematology in perioperative care of sickle cell patients.
Requirements for successful completion: Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact (Karen Horowitz) AT (352)273-8870 or at firstname.lastname@example.org