Richard Doan, MD, FRCPC
Adult Psychiatry and Health Systems
Department of Psychiatry
University of Toronto
Ana Turner, MD
Department of Psychiatry
University of Florida
Target Audience: Primary Care Physicians
$0 for UF Participants
$35.00 non-UF Participants
This CME activity consists of an educational component (slides, audio lecture) in an electronic format, followed by an online post-test. Estimated time to complete this activity, including review of materials, is one hour.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
- This CME activity consists of an educational component (audio lecture in an electronic format, which is followed by an online post-test).
- Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
- In order to receive credit, participants must view the presentation in its entirety.
- The University of Florida College of Medicine will report CME credit to CE Broker when applicable.
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the social determinants of health relevant to individuals living with homelessness and/or addiction.
- Review systemic barriers to the acquisition of housing for such individuals.
- Discuss the role and effectiveness of psychiatric street outreach in the care of individuals who are homeless.
- Highlight the challenges and opportunities of hospital inpatient treatment for street-involved clients.
- Compare the American and Canadian health systems’ approach to the provision of mental health treatment to those who live with
Dr Turner and Dr Doan have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationship(s) to disclose.
CME Advisory Committee Disclosure
Conflict of interest information for the CME Advisory Committee members can be found on the following website: https://cme.ufl.edu/disclosure/ (Links to an external site.).
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: March 19, 2020
Expiration Date: March 18, 2022
Section #s: 0482, 1168, 2075