Lawrence S. McDowell, JD
Senior Associate General Counsel
UF Health Shands
Michael Shapiro, MD, FAPA
UF Health Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
UF Department of Psychiatry
David Wilkens, MPA, CIPP/US/CHPC
Senior Director of Privacy
UF & UF Health Shands
Primary Care Physicians
$0 for UF Participants
$35.00 non-UF Participants
This CME activity consists of an educational component (slides, audio lecture) in an electronic format, followed by an online post-test. Estimated time to complete this activity, including review of materials, is one hour.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- This CME activity consists of an educational component (audio lecture in an electronic format, which is followed by an online post-test).
- Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
- In order to receive credit, participants must view the presentation in its entirety.
- The University of Florida College of Medicine will report CME credit to CE Broker when applicable.
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Identify specific privacy laws that apply to psychiatrists.
2. Compare differences between federal and state privacy laws.
3. Apply knowledge of privacy laws to clinical scenarios.
4. Discuss privacy laws in the setting of ethical conflicts of interest.
Dr. Shapiro, Mr. McDowell, and Mr. Wilkens have no financial relationships to disclose. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: December 17, 2018
Expiration Date: December 16, 2020