Ronald L. Mars, MD
Department of Medicine
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension
Primary Care Physicians
$0 for UF Participants
$25.00 non-UF Participants
This CME activity consists of an educational component (slides, audio lecture) in an electronic format, followed by an online post-test. Estimated time to complete this activity, including review of materials, is one hour.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- This CME activity consists of an educational component (audio lecture in an electronic format, which is followed by an online post-test).
- Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
- In order to receive credit, participants must view the presentation in its entirety.
- The University of Florida College of Medicine will report CME credit to CE Broker when applicable.
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define spectrum of rhabdomyolysis and its relationship to acute kidney injury
- Differentiate various traumatic and non-traumatic causes of rhabdomyolysis
- Illustrate prophylactic measures to reduce the risk of rhabdomyolysis and treatment options after rhabdolyolysis has occurred
Dr. Mars has disclosed that he has no relevant financial relationships. As a member of the planning committee Dr. Charles Heilig has disclosed that he has received grant/research support from Dialysis Clinic, Inc., the Scott R. Mackenzie Foundation, and has served as a consultant for the U.S. Department of Defense – Grant Review Committee. No one else in a position to control the content of this activity has any financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: July 6, 2018
Expiration Date: July 5, 2020