Andres Pumariega, M.D.
University of Florida College of Medicine, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
All faculty have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationship(s) to disclose.
Conflict of interest information for the CME Advisory Committee members can be found on the following website: https://cme.ufl.edu/disclosure/
Release Date: 6/4/2021
Expiration Date: 6/3/2024
Target Audience: Primary Care Physicians, APRNs, RNs, LCSWs
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
1) Identify and better recognize pediatric behavioral health problems through early surveillance and screening with evidence-based tools.
2) Recognize and evaluate common pediatric psychiatric disorders and demonstrate skills in treating children in primary care practices, particularly relevant to diagnostics and psychopharmacotherapy.
3) Apply interview techniques for surveillance, engage in discussions of behavioral health topics, and utilize brief counseling techniques within their practices.
Requirements for successful completion: Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Resource(s) for further study: resource
- March et al (2004)
- Brent et al, 2008
- Treatment of SSRI-Resistant Depression in Adolescents (TORDIA; Brent et al, 2008)
- Treatment of Adolescent Depression Study (TADS, March et al, JAMA, 2004)
- MTA Study: Effectiveness of stimulants for ADHD requires combined treatment for inner city minorities (Arnold et al, 2003)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Kati Breton email@example.com