Dr. Jamie Smolen, MD
Associate Director, Florida Recovery Center
Director, Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program
Division of Addiction Medicine
Department of Psychiatry
University of Florida
“Dr. Smolen has disclosed that he has no relevant financial relationship(s). No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.”
Conflict of interest information for the CME Advisory Committee members can be found on the following website: https://cme.ufl.edu/disclosure/. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
Release Date: July 21, 2022
Expiration Date: July 20, 2025
Target Audience: All physicians
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define the egoic mind active in addictive thinking.
- Describe how the egoic mind participates in obsessive thinking and initiates compulsive behaviors.
- Determine how the egoic mind can be casually related to development of psychic pain and suffering, triggering relapse.
- Evaluate how the egoic mind is intimately involved with substance addiction disorder and responsible for resistance to the spiritual principles of surrender.
- Integrate the advantage of ego awareness and mindfulness into strengthening sobriety and improving relapse prevention through ego depletion and spiritual growth.
Requirements for successful completion: Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of _1_ AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Resource(s) for further study:
- Tolle, E. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment. New World Library, 1999.
- Tolle, E. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose. Viking Press, 2005.
- Tolle, E. Stillness Speaks, New World Library, 2003.
- Nuckols, CC. The Ego-Less SELF: Achieving Peace Tranquility Beyond All Understanding. Health Communications Inc., 2010.
- Hawkins, DR, MD, PhD. The Ego is Not the Real You: Wisdom to Transcend the Mind and Realize the Self. Hay House, Inc., 2021
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Nancy Boyd at (352) 594-4298 or at firstname.lastname@example.org