James Edwards, MD, MAEd
Primary Care Physicians
$0 for UF Participants
$35.00 non-UF Participants
This CME activity consists of a PowerPoint presentation, followed by an online post-test. Estimated time to complete this activity, including review of materials, is one hour.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- This CME activity consists of a PowerPoint presentation (which is followed by an online post-test).
- Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
- In order to receive credit, participants must view the presentation in its entirety.
- The University of Florida College of Medicine will report CME credit to CE Broker when applicable.
As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify and better recognize pediatric behavioral health problems through early surveillance and screening with evidence-based tools.
- Recognize and evaluate common pediatric psychiatric disorders and demonstrate skills in treating children in primary care practices, particularly relevant to diagnostics and psychopharmacotherapy.
- Apply interview techniques for surveillance, engage in discussions of behavioral health topics, and utilize brief counseling techniques within their practices.
James Edwards, MD, MAEd, has disclosed that he has no relevant financial relationships. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: September 22, 2020
Expiration Date: September 21, 2021